In conference on January 23, 2020, the Supreme Court of North Carolina adopted orders amending seven rule sets that affect mediation in North Carolina:
- Order Adopting the Rules of the Dispute Resolution Commission
- Order Adopting the Standards of Professional Conduct for Mediators
- Order Adopting the Rules for Mediated Settlement Conferences and Other Settlement Procedures in Superior Court Civil Actions
- Order Adopting the Rules for Settlement Procedures in District Court Family Financial Cases
- Order Adopting the Rules of Mediation for Matters Before the Clerk of Superior Court
- Order Adopting the Rules of Mediation for Matters in District Criminal Court
- Order Adopting the Rules of Mediation for Farm Nuisance Disputes
These orders are effective on March 1, 2020. A copy of each order is available on the Supreme Court’s rules webpage.
If you have questions, please contact the Supreme Court’s Office of Administrative Counsel by phone at (919) 831-5930 or by email at email@example.com.