If you received a citation, find your online options including paying the ticket or possibly requesting reduction, compliance or dismissal.*
Court Date Notifications
Subscribe to court date notifications and reminders for criminal cases. Receive email or SMS/text message reminders.
Court Collections and Payments
If you have been to traffic court or criminal court and owe money, you may be able to pay costs, fines, or fees online.
*View the Traffic Violations Help Topic and Criminal Cases Help Topic for more information about handling your case/citation/ticket online, including the process and options for payment, reduction, dismissal, etc.
eCourts Guide & File
NOW AVAILABLE! eCourts Guide & File is a free online service to help users prepare court documents to file for certain case types.
- Answer online questions to prepare the case filing
- Automatically create legal documents for free
- Print documents to file with the clerk of court
*After completing the guided interview, you will see next steps instructions on what to do with your forms and how the court process works. Be sure to log out and close your browser when finished.
Disclaimer: Judicial Branch employees are not permitted to provide legal advice or help fill out these forms for the public. For legal advice or questions about legal rights and remedies, the public may consult an attorney licensed to practice law in North Carolina.
Guide & File Case Types Available
- Absolute Divorce
- Adult Guardianship
- Adult Name Change
- Domestic Violence Protective Order
- Motion to Claim Exempt Property
- Petition to Proceed as an Indigent
- Year’s Allowance
- Summary Administration
- Small Estate Administration
- Small Claims
- Money Owed
- Repossession of Personal Property
- Summary Ejectment
- Complaint in Summary Ejectment
- Tenant’s Answer and Counterclaims
- Appeal to District Court
eFile Court Documents
File court documents (registration required) for Supreme Court or Court of Appeals. Search and view case information and documents (public).
File court documents, pay filing fees, send court notices, and more (registration required).
File court documents** or view case info (registration required) in select counties for civil superior, foreclosure, or domestic violence cases.
- **eFiling civil superior and foreclosure cases: currently only available for Chowan and Wake counties.
- **eFiling domestic violence cases: currently only available for Alamance, Brunswick, Cumberland, Davidson, Davie, Durham, Forsyth, Guilford, Mecklenburg, Onslow, Orange, Rockingham, Rowan and Wake counties.
- eFiling User Manual
- Business Court Filer's Quick Reference
- Supreme Court Adopts Electronic-Filing Rules for the Implementation of eCourts - April 23, 2021
Additional Services and Requests
File a complaint with the Judicial Standards Commission of judicial misconduct against judges, justices, commissioners and deputy commissioners. The Commission has no jurisdiction to hear complaints about magistrates, clerks of court or other court staff, administrative law judges, attorneys or federal judges.
Current list of Bondsman/Sureties authorized to write a bond in a specified county.
When two parties can’t come to an agreement on a particular conflict, a mediator can help provide assistance.
Estimate the payoff amount of a judgment.
NCAOC offers access to criminal and civil court data.
Submit a complaint or concern about policies or practices related to language access services.
Learn how to obtain a criminal background check for yourself or others.
Submit a request depending on the type of record. Options may include online, by mail, or in person.
If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation, please submit this form for the county where the hearing or other court activity is scheduled.
Spoken foreign language court interpreters are provided at state expense for all Limited English Proficient (LEP) parties in interest in most court proceedings.