ACIS, CIPRS, and VCAP Training Resources
- ACIS Public Inquiry Reference Guide: This guide explains how to use inquiry functions of the Automated Criminal/Infractions System (ACIS) to look up criminal charges and infractions by name or file number in each county. It also includes directions on statewide name searches. The manual is intended for Remote Public Access customers and includes step-by-step instructions, definitions for the fields displayed on each inquiry results screen.
- How to use VCAP: This course assists inquiry-only users by providing steps for signing-on and using the system’s basic features.
- VCAP Procedural Changes for SB 508 Licensee Prohibition - Job Aid
- How to Search Civil Court Records at Your Local Courthouse: This quick reference guide provides instructions to conduct a search for the general status of civil court cases in the Civil Case Processing System (VCAP). Note that records are printed from the public access terminal in the clerk’s office in each county.
- Juvenile Delinquency Records Search: This video provides training for juvenile delinquency records search via the juvenile attorney access module in CIPRS.
Resources for Law Enforcement
NCAOC has partnered with the North Carolina Justice Academy to deliver online training through the Acadis e-learning portal. Online training is available for NCAWARE and the Criminal Discovery Upload System.
NCAOC offers Train-the-Trainer classes for certified general instructors wishing to teach NCAWARE training. Contact NCAOC Training & Development at email@example.com or (919) 890-2407 for information and class schedules.
NCAOC offers webinar training for multi-disciplinary audiences. Please contact CLEinfo@nccourts.org with questions.
N.C. Uniform Power of Attorney Act, G.S. 32C
This live webinar will review the new North Carolina Uniform Power of Attorney Act under G.S. Chapter 32C. Panelists will review some of the key provisions of the law, including the impact on existing law, judicial relief procedures, and the effect on adult guardianship proceedings.
Conflict Resolution Week Webinar Series 2017
Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) has evolved beyond Skype and the range of disputes being mediated online has expanded. This webinar series will discuss technological advances in ODR and the variety of ODR platforms.
- Advances in Online Dispute Resolution and its Role in the Future
- Are N.C.'s Mediation Programs Effectively Serving the Growing Number of Indigent and Self-Represented Parties?
- How Can N.C.'s Mediation Programs Address the Legal Needs of an Aging Population?
ABA Mental Health / Substance Abuse Study Results and Implications 2016
LAP programs across the country have known anecdotally for years that attorneys were at greater risk for depression, anxiety and alcohol problems than the general public and even other professionals.
Jurisdiction in Adult Guardianship Proceedings
At the end of the 2016 legislative session, the General Assembly enacted complex legislation (H 817) that made significant changes to the way the Clerks of Superior Court will determine jurisdiction in adult guardianship proceedings.
Professionalism in the Courthouse
This course will focus on developing your own professionalism and interacting with others in the courthouse who may not be exhibiting proper conduct.
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
This course will explain what the SCRA is and how it came about.
Combatting Financial Exploitation
Learn how these legal changes could affect your work by viewing the one-hour webinar recording where experts discuss actual scenarios and answer questions.
NCAOC has permission from the presenters to make these recorded training activities available to the public for educational purposes.