Learn more about transcriptionists and official transcripts.
- Register for and complete the testing process* to show at least minimum skill level.
- After passing the test, attend the Transcriptionist Training session to learn policies, procedures, and other requirements for transcript production.
- Provide additional information to be listed as an approved service provider.
- View the authorized list of Court Reporters & Transcriptionists.
- Meet annual continuing education requirements.
*Beginning March 1, 2023, testing is temporarily suspended while tests are re-evaluated and new tests produced. Questions regarding this process may be directed to the Court Reporting Manager (919-890-1601 or CRManager@nccourts.org). More information will be available here when testing resumes.