Legacy Services

Find online services for non-eCourts county payments, citations, court notifications, Guide & File, eFiling, interpreter requests, and more.
Use the services below for all non-eCourts counties.

For eCourts counties (Alamance, Beaufort, Buncombe, Camden, Chatham, Cherokee, Chowan, Clay, Currituck, Dare, Durham, Franklin, Gates, Graham, Granville, Guilford, Harnett, Haywood, Henderson, Hyde, Jackson, Johnston, Lee, Macon, Martin, Mecklenburg, Orange, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Person, Polk, Swain, Transylvania, Tyrrell, Vance, Wake, Warren, and Washington): find eCourts services available.
Track 5: eCourts Services are Now Available to 11 Counties -- July 22
Learn more about eCourts - Track 6 (11 counties central NC) launches October 14, 2024.

Popular Services  |  Guide & File  |  eFile Court Documents  |  Additional Services and Requests  |  Related

Citation Services

Enter your PENDING citation number to see options. If eligible, you may pay the ticket, request speeding reduction or compliance dismissal.*

Court Date Notifications

Subscribe to court date notifications and reminders for criminal cases. Receive email or SMS/text message reminders.

Court Collections and Payments

If your case is DISPOSED (have been to traffic court or criminal court) and owe money, you may be able to pay costs, fines, or fees online.

*View the Traffic Violations Help Topic and Criminal Cases Help Topic for more information about handling your case/citation/ticket online, including the process and options for payment, reduction, dismissal, etc.

  • Are you are trying to handle your ticket from another country outside of the U.S.? See the paying tickets section of the Traffic Violations Help Topic.

eCourts Guide & File

eCourts Guide & File logo

Guide & File is a free online service to help users prepare court documents to file for certain case types.

  1. Answer online questions to prepare the case filing.
  2. Automatically create legal documents for free.
  3. Print documents to file with the clerk of court.

*After completing the guided interview, you will see next steps instructions on what to do with your forms and how the court process works. Be sure to log out and close your browser when finished.

Disclaimer: Judicial Branch employees are not permitted to provide legal advice or help fill out these forms for the public. For legal advice or questions about legal rights and remedies, the public may consult an attorney licensed to practice law in North Carolina.

Guide & File Support

Guide & File Case Types Available

  • Absolute Divorce*
  • Adult Guardianship
  • Adult Name Change
  • Application for Certificate of Verification of Prior Expunction
  • Domestic Violence Protective Order*
  • Motion to Claim Exempt Property*
  • Petition to Proceed as an Indigent*
  • Probate
    • Year’s Allowance
    • Summary Administration
    • Small Estate Administration
  • Request for Dismissal or Speeding Reduction for Traffic Citations* (eCourts counties only, not available in Mecklenburg)
  • Request for Relief from Fines, Fees, and Other Monetary Obligations
  • Small Claims*
    • Money Owed*
    • Repossession of Personal Property*
  • Summary Ejectment
    • Complaint in Summary Ejectment
    • Tenant’s Answer and Counterclaims*
    • Appeal to District Court

*eFiling is available for these case types in eCourts counties only.

Learn more

eFile Court Documents

Appellate Courts eFiling

File court documents (registration required) for Supreme Court or Court of Appeals. Search and view case information and documents (public).

Business Court eFiling

File court documents, pay filing fees, send court notices, and more (registration required).

Civil eFiling

File court documents** or view case info (registration required) in select counties for domestic violence cases.

eFiling in eCourts Counties

eFiling (File & Serve) offers secure online access for attorneys and self-represented litigants to file in eCourts counties.

Additional Services and Requests

File a Judicial Complaint

File a complaint with the Judicial Standards Commission of judicial misconduct against judges, justices, commissioners and deputy commissioners. The Commission has no jurisdiction to hear complaints about magistrates, clerks of court or other court staff, administrative law judges, attorneys or federal judges.

Find a Bail Bondsman

Current list of Bondsman/Sureties authorized to write a bond in a specified county.

Find a Mediator

When two parties can’t come to an agreement on a particular conflict, a mediator can help provide assistance.

Request a Public Record

Find options to make a Judicial Branch record request depending on the type of record. Options may include online, by mail, or in person.

Request for Disability Accommodation

If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation, please submit this form for the county where the hearing or other court activity is scheduled.

Request for Spoken Language Interpreter

Spoken foreign language court interpreters are provided at state expense for all Limited English Proficient (LEP) parties in interest in most court proceedings.

Court Dates

Search for the date, time, and location of a court appearance, citation number, and more.


Search statewide judicial forms and filter by keyword, General Statute, form number, form title, etc. Also, find local forms by county.

Help Topics

Find answers to common questions about legal issues.