On 2 April 2020, Supreme Court Chief Justice Cheri Beasley issued an order that postponed court proceedings until 1 June 2020. Emergency Directive 4 of the order states, “Attorneys and other persons who do not have business in a courthouse should not enter a courthouse, and those who do have business in a courthouse should not prolong their visit once their business has concluded. Attorneys are strongly encouraged to submit filings by mail rather than in person.”
In order to mitigate the effects of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency and in compliance with Chief Justice Beasley’s order, the Mecklenburg County Clerk of Superior Court’s Office will immediately implement modifications to its hours of operations and staff availability for the following.
- Modified Operations
- The Administration of Estates, Guardianship & Other Special Proceedings
- The Administration of Juvenile Court & Adoptions
- The Administration of Special Proceedings Confidential (Judicial Hospitalization)
- The Administration of District and Superior Criminal Court
- The Administration of District and Superior Civil Court
- The Administration of Payments for Citations & Court Fines, Fees and Costs
Read the press release for details and more information.