Resources Discussed During Public Convening – October 8, 2020
- COVID-19 Eviction Information – View this page for more information about eviction procedures during COVID-19 for both Landlords and Tenants.
- Driver’s License Restoration – NCFairChance.org is a new website where North Carolinians can check to see if they have (1) received traffic court debt relief through the Driver’s License Restoration Project and (2) request a free driver’s license advice letter from a pro bono attorney. For more information, visit this page.
- eCourts Guide and File – Go here to access the new online service to help users prepare court documents to file for certain case types. View this flyer for more information.
Legal Resources for Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
As Hurricane Isaias is now behind us, but at the start of 2020’s hurricane season, the time to consider preparing for natural disasters is at hand. To assist in this effort, please view these Disaster Preparedness Videos, which range in topics from Important Documents to Have Ready in Case of Disaster to legal information from Disability Rights North Carolina and Legal Aid of North Carolina.
Legal Issues Affecting Vulnerable North Carolinians
Legal aid and pro bono attorney services have the potential to meet a wide range of legal needs facing low-income North Carolinians. To learn more about specific areas of law and how legal assistance can help, please view the following video presentations prepared by pro bono attorneys.
Estate Planning: Getting Your Legal Affairs in Order Presented by Anthony D. Nicholson; McPherson, Rocamora, Nicholson, Wilson & Hinkle, PLLC
Unemployment Benefits in North Carolina Presented by Christine F. Mayhew; Anderson Jones, PLLC
COVID-19-Related Legal Resources for Faith-Based Organizations
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Emergency Loans Guide and Checklist for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- U.S. Department of the Treasury: Paycheck Protection Program Loans FAQs
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Faith-Based Organizations FAQ