UPDATE November 1
Additional eFiling Training Dates and Registration Now Available
As part of North Carolina’s eCourts initiative, the N.C. Administrative Office of the Courts (NCAOC) will be introducing a new eFiling system, known as File & Serve, that will allow attorneys statewide for the first time ever to submit documents and case filings online.
This new capability will launch later this year in four pilot counties: Harnett, Johnston, Lee, and Wake. While attorneys in these four counties will be required to use File & Serve as of the go-live date, attorneys in other counties wishing to file cases in the four pilot counties, will also be required to do so via File & Serve.
File & Serve Training for Attorneys
In anticipation of File & Serve, the NCAOC has scheduled training sessions for attorneys statewide. These training sessions will be offered both virtually and in person, by File & Serve experts. On demand video training will also be available soon. For attorneys not in one of the four pilot counties, this training is still important, as File & Serve will be going live in your county over the next few months.
The File & Serve training sessions are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday, September 6 – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 8 – 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 13 – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 15 – 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
REGISTER FOR VIRTUAL TRAINING (attorneys, paralegals, and legal staff)
In-PersonHarnett County Resource Center & Library
455 McKinney Pkwy, Lillington, NC 27546
- Tuesday, September 20 – 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 21 – 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 21 – 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 21 – 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley, 4500 Marriott Dr., Raleigh, NC 27612
Friday: McKimmon Conference and Training Center at N.C. State, 1101 Gorman St., Raleigh, NC 27606
- Thursday, September 22 – 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, September 22 – 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 22 – 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 23 – 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Friday, September 23 – 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- MEMORANDUM :: eCourts Launch Delay - September 26, 2022
- eFiling Registration Required - Register for a firm or individual account
- Note: While you can set up an account, you cannot eFile until the go-live date.
- eCourts Target Date for Pilot County Odyssey ICMS Implementation
- eCourts page