Business Court Technology
Information about Business Court’s technology offerings.
Each Business Court courtroom is similarly outfitted:
- Cisco Webex videoconferencing.
- Evidence presentation system with VGA/HDMI connectors at each counsel table. If using portable device like a tablet bring an adaptor to join a VGA/HDMI connector.
- Images display across courtroom monitors with Court controls to witness and jury.
- Monitors—placed at bench, courtroom clerk, counsel tables, witness stand, and jury.
- Jury monitors—Charlotte (two 70”); Greensboro (one 70”); Raleigh (one 70”); Winston-Salem (23” shared monitor per two jurors).
- Electronic document camera (except Raleigh and Winston-Salem).
- Lectern with wireless/fixed microphone (except Raleigh).
- Feel free to schedule a site visit by contacting the appropriate court location.
- Connect a few minutes early to assure a prompt start; you will remain in a virtual waiting room until the Court opens the videoconference.
- Connection via a conventional audio-only telephone call is permissible in the event videoconferencing fails or is unavailable; the Court will provide an audio call-in number prior to the videoconference.
- Headsets may offer a better audio experience.
- Control volume on external speakers and use the mute function except when speaking to eliminate feedback; headsets often eliminate feedback problems.
- Join the videoconference from a quiet area with adequate lighting.
- Using your IT personnel/vendor, test your system connection with the Court well before the videoconference to avoid problems or delays.