File a Complaint Against a Mediator

Find out how to file a complaint against a mediator.

Mediators are expected to observe program rules, the Standards of Professional Conduct for Mediators and to act consistent with principles of good moral character. In the event a mediation participant or a court official has a complaint about a mediator's conduct, s/he should contact the Dispute Resolution Commission. All calls and complaints addressing mediator conduct will be given the utmost attention. Complaints are processed pursuant to Rule IX of the Supreme Court’s Rules for the Dispute Resolution Commission. Complaints may also be filed regarding the conduct of mediation trainers and others working with training programs certified by the Commission.

The Commission cannot “undo” agreements reached in mediation or intervene in litigation filed with the court. The Commission regulates mediators only and has no jurisdiction over the conduct of judges or attorneys.

Dispute Resolution Commission Complaint Packet