About Equal Access to Justice Commission
"I have relationships with a number of Legal Aid lawyers, public defenders, and similar practitioners. I know, I see, and I experience that despite their Herculean efforts with all too scarce resources, the problem – or the opportunity – they confront is bigger than what all of them combined can bring to bear. And in this political day and age, those resources are shrinking. These front-line lawyers, these first responders to too many lives in legal crisis need help. They need help in addressing the legal needs of the least of these."
— Julian H. Wright Jr., Attorney, Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson, P.A. and Vice Chair of the North Carolina Equal Access to Justice Commission
Overcome barriers to justice and empower North Carolinians to meet their legal needs through our leadership, collaboration, and problem-solving.
A North Carolina legal system that is fair, just, and open to everyone.
Our Core Values
- Justice & Equity: We believe every North Carolinian has a right to a fair and impartial legal system.
- Leadership & Problem-Solving: We identify, evaluate, and respond to unmet legal needs using our statewide perspective and network.
- Collaboration & Inclusiveness: We leverage the experience, influence, and diversity of our members and community partners to further our mission.
- Innovation & Flexibility: We explore novel strategies to address new or evolving legal needs and barriers to the administration of justice.
- Efficiency & Accountability: We prioritize data-driven solutions to steward our resources responsibly, operate with integrity, and are transparent with our partners and the people we serve.
Access any of the following impact/summary reports.