The Online Mediator Certification Renewal Payment System is administered through the N.C. Administrative Office of the Courts. A secure payment vendor, NIC, Inc., applies a portal administrative fee to all payments received through this online payment system. Online payments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Credit and Debit Cards Accepted
- MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
- The name on the credit or debit card and the name on the mediator certification renewal application may be different.
- If your credit card payment is declined, questions should be directed to your credit card company. You may also try to use a different card. For other payment problems, contact NIC, Inc., at 1-888-859-6183.
- To obtain a receipt for payment, an email address must be provided. A payment confirmation email will be sent after payment is received to the email account provided. To confirm payment of your online renewal fee, contact NIC, Inc., at 1-888-859-6183.
- If you pay your mediator certification renewal fee online through this service, the Dispute Resolution Commission (DRC) is notified electronically each evening, Monday through Friday. If your invoice is paid online over the weekend, the DRC will be notified electronically on the following Monday night.
Portal Administration Fee The portal administration fee is not a DRC charge, but a charge for using the NIC, Inc., portal to pay your renewal online by credit card. The portal administration fee is calculated as 2.25% of the Total Amount Due (collected by your credit card company) plus $1.00 (NIC, Inc., fee). Example: Total Amount Due of $140 (certification fee for one program) x 2.25% + $1.00 = $4.15 (portal administration fee), for a total amount due of $144.15. You will have the opportunity to review all applicable fees prior to finalizing your transaction. You will have the option to cancel your online transaction if you do not wish to pay the additional portal administration fee. If you choose to cancel the transaction, mail your check, along with your invoice, to:
N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission
PO Box 2448
Raleigh, NC 27602